BOSTON/Back Bay - Protesters converged on the Max Brenner chocolate restaurant on Valentine's Day. Approximately 50 human rights demonstrators picketed the Israeli-owned company at its location on Boylston St., Boston. Activists from the Northeastern University Chapter of Students for Justice in Palestine called the demonstration to highlight the support Max Brenner's parent-company, called Strauss Group, has for the Israeli Defense Forces, and in-particular the Golani Brigade. The action was a part of the worldwide Boycott, Divest, and Sanction (BDS) campaign against the Israeli occupation of Palestine. The three goals of BDS are an end to the occupation of Palestinian territories, full equality for all citizens of Israel, and the right of return for refugees displaced in the conflict.
submitted by jadams
AUDIO: Palestine's Valentines Protest Max Brenner Franchise in Boston
Please check out these other articles of interest ...
- Rally Commemorates Second Anniversary of the Syrian Uprising
- #Anonymous Mourns Loss of Aaron Swartz at Boston Protest, Demands Legal Reforms
- IdleNoMore Hits Faneuil Hall to Call Attention to Plight of Hunger Striking Canadian Chief
- Yancey Holds Explosive Hearing on Lack of Racial Diversity in City of Boston Departments; Few People of Color in Top Spots
- Rally Calls for Lighter Sentence for Tarek Mehanna